Re: pretty print viewdefs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pretty print viewdefs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I am confused.

> The original two line addition was already in effect driven by the
> PRETTY_INDENT flag, because the appendContextKeyword call would be
> effectively a no-op if that flag wasn't on. But apparently some people
> don't want each  column on a separate line,  as I do, even when it's
> pretty printed, so, since that's what I want, I provided for it in a
> separate function, but I made the code take account of the cases you and
> Greg mentioned, where it already begins a new line for the column def.

What I was imagining was simply providing an additional pretty-print
flag that gives the alternatives of the current behavior, or the patch
you originally proposed that adds newlines between targetlist items all
the time.  I don't think that you should complicate the behavior any
more than that.

Personally I would prefer the original patch to this one.