Re: PGXS: REGRESS_OPTS=--load-language=plpgsql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: PGXS: REGRESS_OPTS=--load-language=plpgsql
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Feb 21, 2010 at 1:21 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Well, I'm a big fan of CREATE OR REPLACE anything so I like the patch
>> regardless of whether it solves the current problem, but having said
>> that, I'm not clear on whether it does in fact solve the current
>> problem.  When PL/pgsql is installed by default, is it going to end up
>> owned by the DB owner, or might it end up owned by the superuser?
>
> It will be owned by the bootstrap superuser, so the case is exactly
> the one that a non-superuser DBA would be faced with.

Or even a superuser other than the bootstrap superuser, no?  I dump
out the DB on my 8.4 server and try to reload on 9.0 with --single and
it fails because, even though I'm a superuser, I can't replace a
language owned by someone else?

...Robert