Re: Largeobject Access Controls (r2460) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Largeobject Access Controls (r2460)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
2010/2/1 KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com>:
> I again wonder whether we are on the right direction.

I believe the proposed approach is to dump blob metadata if and only
if you are also dumping blob contents, and to do all of this for data
dumps but not schema dumps.  That seems about right to me.

> Originally, the reason why we decide to use per blob toc entry was
> that "BLOB ACLS" entry needs a few exceptional treatments in the code.
> But, if we deal with "BLOB ITEM" entry as data contents, it will also
> need additional exceptional treatments.

But the new ones are less objectionable, maybe.

...Robert