Re: contrib\xml2 package's xpath_table function in PostgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: contrib\xml2 package's xpath_table function in PostgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Jan 31, 2010 at 4:00 PM, HX Zheng <hx_zheng@hotmail.com> wrote:
> We have a huge system based on PostgreSQL with xml2 functions. From the
> PostgreSQL 8.4 documentation F.38.1. Deprecation notice, it looks like those
> functions are removed. However, our solution is very huge, and heavily
> depends on them.

The functions haven't actually been removed in 8.4, in spite of the
deprecation notice.  But it's very easy to use them in a way that
crashes the entire server, so you're playing with fire.  :-(

...Robert