Re: Dividing progress/debug information in pg_standby, and stat before copy - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Dividing progress/debug information in pg_standby, and stat before copy
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 6:54 AM, Heikki Linnakangas
> From a user point-of-view, it might be simplest to provide a
> "restore_directory" option, besides restore_command, and handle the copy
> ourselves.

Well, that might not handle all possible use cases -- of course, it
could be there as a sort of "fast path" for people for simple cases.
But I think we should get some more experience with what we have
before we add too many bells and whistles (that might turn out not to
be as useful as we thought).

...Robert