Re: damage control mode - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: damage control mode
Date
Re: damage control mode  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Re: damage control mode  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: damage control mode  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 4:19 AM, Dimitri Fontaine
<dfontaine@hi-media.com> wrote:
>> I agree.  My main concern in terms of dealing with these outstanding
>> is that it will distract us, particularly Tom, from stabilizing the
>> tree, especially HS, VF, and SR.  If the tree were in a releasable
>> state today I wouldn't be worrying about it.
>
> You sound like you want to drop the last Commit Fest and prepare beta
> instead.

I think I was pretty clear about what I was proposing in the message
with which I started this thread - bump some or all the big,
outstanding patches to leave more time for stabilizing the tree.

Almost everyone said "no".  That's the community's decision and I
accept it, but IMHO it's a tacit decision to slip the release.

...Robert