Re: alpha3 release schedule? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: alpha3 release schedule?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 7:20 AM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> Do people want more time to play with hot standby?  Otherwise alpha3
> should go out on Monday or Tuesday.

I think we should try to wrap it promptly.  It's true that Hot Standby
almost certainly has bugs and/or annoying limitations, as one would
expect with a feature of this magnitude, but I think we'll get a
better idea what they are and which ones are the most important by
getting something out there for people to test.  AIUI, the reason why
Simon has been busting ass to get this committed is precisely so that
it could go into alpha3 and get more testing, and speaking in my
capacity as a guy who is anal about the schedule, I couldn't be
happier about that! Postponing alpha3 would seem to defeat the purpose
of all that hard work.

...Robert