Re: pgstat wait timeout (by Robert Schnabel) - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: pgstat wait timeout (by Robert Schnabel)
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 9:03 PM, Craig Ringer
<craig@postnewspapers.com.au> wrote:
> On 16/12/2009 11:55 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 10:45 AM, Magnus Hagander<magnus@hagander.net>
>> =A0wrote:

>>> If that is so, the OP should follow:
>>>
>>> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Getting_a_stack_trace_of_a_running_Post=
greSQL_backend_on_Windows

>>> specifically the part about symbols.
>>>
>>> Which it certainly looks like :)
>>
>> We should really take some of the vast quantity of really useful
>> information that is in the wiki and try to index it somehow or
>> incorporate it into the docs. =A0I'm always learning about new pages
>> that have good stuff on them, but I never seem to stumble across them
>> organically.
>
> MediaWiki offers features to make this a lot easier. The categories featu=
re
> in particular is great: go to the page:
>
> =A0 Category:Blah
>
> and you'll see a listing of all pages containing a link to
> [[Category:Blah]]. The existing list of all categories can be found via t=
he
> "special pages" link in the sidebar:
>
> =A0http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Special:Categories
>
> A "favourite" or "highlight" category would be one way to do what you're
> talking about.

I don't think that's it exactly.  What I think would be really useful
is a page that is linked off the main page or some other reasonably
prominent place that lists useful resources by topic.  I guess the
category interface could do that if it were maintained, but just
"which pages are good" is not quite what I had in mind.

...Robert