Re: Hot Standby, release candidate? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Hot Standby, release candidate?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 10:49 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-12-14 at 09:14 -0600, Kevin Grittner wrote:
>> Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com> wrote:
>>
>> > If we are going to run pgindent anyway, what is the point?
>>
>> Perhaps it would take less time to run this than to argue the point?:
>>
>> sed -e 's/[ \t][ \t]*$//' -e 's/  *\t/\t/g' *
>
> Not certain that is exactly correct, plus it doesn't only work against a
> current patch since there are already many examples of whitespace in CVS
> already. I do appreciate your attempts at resolution and an easy
> tool-based approach for the future, though I'll let someone else run
> with it.

Yeah, that would actually be a disaster, because it would actually add
deltas to the patch in the short term.

Seems to me that we would be better off figuring out which exact ident
Bruce is running and checking the typedef list into CVS.

...Robert