Re: BUG #5184: default tablespace owner is not dumped - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: BUG #5184: default tablespace owner is not dumped
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 10:39 AM, Heikki Linnakangas
> Tom Lane wrote:
>>> I think it would be over the top to suggest that pg_dump has to cope
>>> with modifications that can only occur through manual updates to the
>>> system catalogs, but it seems like anything that can be done using DDL
>>> statements should be handled.
>>
>> Like, say, DELETE FROM pg_proc?
>
> That's not DDL...

Exactly.  There's nothing we can do about random changes to system
catalogs, but it seems pretty strange to allow someone to issue an
ALTER TABLESPACE command but then ignore it in pg_dump.

...Robert