Re: speakers mailing list - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: speakers mailing list
Date
List pgsql-www
On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 6:25 AM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:
> On mån, 2009-11-09 at 15:10 -0800, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> I think advocacy is a bad idea for this. It should go to the
>> respective PUG or region list.
>
> It would depend on the scale of the conference, probably.  The Wales
> Python User Group perhaps doesn't have to post to advocacy, but the
> South American ParrotCon perhaps could.

But people who are looking for speakers can't possibly be expected to
know whether they are more like the Wales Python User Group or the
South American ParrotCon.  I don't have a clue what either of those
is.  I think it's good to create a SPOC, even if the SPOC is just a
mailing list of people who will help folks figure out who they ought
to be talking to.

...Robert