Re: TODO item: Allow more complex user/database default GUC settings - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: TODO item: Allow more complex user/database default GUC settings
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 12:21 AM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Robert Haas escribió:
>
>> > Here's a first shot on this for my current review round. Patch needed to
>> > re-merged into current CVS HEAD due to some merge conflicts, i've also
>> > adjusted the regression tests (minor). On a first look, i like the patch
>> > (especially the code for the utility commands accessing the settings is
>> > better modularized now, which looks much nicer).
>>
>> So is this ready to commit, or what?
>
> Not really :-(  It needs some minor tweaks to qualify as a cleanup
> patch, and further extra coding for there to be an actual new feature.

So here's the followup question - do you intend to do one of those
things for this CommitFest, or should we mark this as Returned with
Feedback once Bernd posts the rest of his review?

...Robert