Re: Application/wiki wanted for Beta/Alpha testing - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Application/wiki wanted for Beta/Alpha testing
Date
List pgsql-www
On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 3:17 PM, Joshua D. Drake<jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-09-09 at 20:12 +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
>
>> But we certainly don't want yet another framework, so if it's done in
>> PHP it shoul duse the current web framework and if it's in perl it
>> should use whatever the commitfest stuff uses. In fact, it could
>> potentially be built as part of the commitfest system if wanted -
>> there's at least a partial connection between those two :-)
>
> It will not be me doing this if it is Perl.

I wouldn't necessarily be averse to implementing something like this
as part of the commitfest app at some point.  But I wonder if it
wouldn't be better to start by just using a wikitable.  A lot of times
doing it the quick-and-dirty way first causes you to learn new things
about the requirements, and a wikitable is a lot easier to modify
after-the-fact than a full app.

...Robert