Re: 8.5 release timetable, again - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: 8.5 release timetable, again
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 1:59 PM, Bruce Momjian<bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> Robert Haas wrote:

>> > Huh, who has asked for a list from me? ?This entire post is mostly
>> > over-the-top and not worth responding to.
>>
>> OK, I so request.  :-)
>
> What do you want to know?  Would someone post exactly what question I
> have not answered in the past?

I don't know whether there is a specific question that you have
refused to answer in the past, or not.  My suspicion is that there
isn't, but perhaps someone else is aware of something I'm not.

That having been said, I think there is a legitimate concern about
organizing and documenting the steps that are required to get a
release out the door.  A number of people have said (on this thread
and previous ones) that we didn't know what we were supposed to be
doing during the period after the end of the last CommitFest and prior
to release.  It appeared that all of the activity (to the extent that
there was any activity) was by committers, particularly you and Tom.

Well, OK.  We want the release to happen faster next time.  We're
willing to help.  In order to help, we first need a list of the tasks
that need to be completed after the last CommitFest and before
release.  Then we can try to figure out whether any of those tasks can
be done (or assisted with) by someone other than you or Tom.

Can you provide one?

...Robert