Re: Thanks. - Mailing list pgsql-rrreviewers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Thanks.
Date
List pgsql-rrreviewers
On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 3:22 PM, Kevin
Grittner<Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov> wrote:
> Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:

>>> Thank *you*.  You've done a spectacular job as CFM, far better than
>>> either me or Dave.  Are you up for another round, or do you want to
>>> take one off to avoid burnout?
>>
>> You've pre-empted me Josh - I was just about to write roughly the
>> same email
>> :-)
>>
>> Anyway - seconded; excellent job Robert!
>
> I'd saved Robert's email to write a reply to the same effect.  It's
> hard to imagine it being done any better.  Thank you, Robert!

Thanks, I really appreciate all of your kind words.  I'm wondering,
though, if we can identify some of the particular things that I did
well, rather than just "everything".  Since I suspect I'm going to end
up running another CommitFest at some point, it would be useful to
know what things that I did this time I should be sure to do again
next time.  But, also, I don't think I'm up for running EVERY future
CommitFest, so somebody else is eventually going to need a list of
what to do and what to avoid.

I also think we should move this discussion to -hackers so that people
who are not following -rrreviewers but may have comments can throw in
their $0.02.  Perhaps someone would volunteer to kick off a thread
there?

...Robert