Re: SQL select query becomes slow when using limit (with no offset) - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: SQL select query becomes slow when using limit (with no offset)
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 4:00 AM, Kees van Dieren<keesvandieren@gmail.com> wrote:
> Would it get attention if I submit this to
> http://www.postgresql.org/support/submitbug ? (in fact it is not really a
> bug, but an improvement request).

I think that many of the people who read that mailing list also read
this one, including, critically, Tom Lane, and you're not the first
person to run into a problem caused by lack of cross-column
statistics.  I don't think you're going to get very far by submitting
this as a bug.  There are already several people interested in this
problem, but as most of us don't get paid to hack on PostgreSQL, it's
a question of finding enough round tuits; this is not an easy thing to
fix.

If you are sufficiently bothered by this problem that you are willing
to pay someone to fix it for you, there are several companies with
whom you can contract to get this feature developed and committed for
the next release of PostgreSQL.

...Robert