Re: Performance of quer or procedure going down when we are taking the backup - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Performance of quer or procedure going down when we are taking the backup
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 6:15 AM,
ramasubramanian<ramasubramanian.g@renaissance-it.com> wrote:
>   Dear all,
>       Performance of query or procedure going down when we are taking the
> backup of that schema(it is obvious), But how to  increase the performance.
>
> Regards,
> Ram.

You're going to need to provide an awful lot more details than this if
you want to have much chance of getting a useful answer, I think.  At
a high level, you want to find out which part your system is the
bottleneck and then look for ways to remove the bottleneck.

...Robert