Re: small but useful patches for text search - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: small but useful patches for text search
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 9:35 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> Robert Haas wrote:

>> > Uh, not now; ?I put up the list only so people wouldn't think I was
>> > hiding things, and I said it wasn't cleaned up. ?What is so hard for
>> > people to understand about that. ?This is quite annoying.
>>
>> If I understand correctly, you're saying that you didn't want to have
>> help with the release notes, you don't want help cleaning up your
>> mailbox, but you do want beta to wait until you are done doing those
>> things and any resulting action items have been completed.  Is that
>> right?
>>
>> I don't think anyone thinks you're hiding anything, but I think there
>> is a general desire to move this thing along as quickly as reasonably
>> possible.
>
> And to answer your question about the release notes, Tom is right that
> it probably has to be done by one person because it needs a consistent
> voice, and someone has to get the entire release notes in their head so
> they can see logical sections/groupings, etc.  Once it is done, as it is
> now, people can jump in and add improvements.

Fair enough.  I'm just looking for a way to help out so we can get
this done.  I am not coming up with much that seems to be helpful.  I
was planning to do some comments on your mailbox file but Tom beat me
to the punch.

...Robert