Re: small but useful patches for text search - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: small but useful patches for text search
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 3:13 PM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> Robert Haas escribió:
>> On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 1:40 PM, Alvaro Herrera
>> <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
>> > The problem is not patches that were not committed, but rather loose
>> > ends in patches that were.
>>
>> There seems to be a reasonably well-maintained list of open items here:
>>
>> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_8.4_Open_Items
>
> Hey, dude, I pointed that URL in a followup to a message from you,
> earlier today.

So you did.  Sorry...  I seem to be rubbing everyone the wrong way
today.  (Did I hear someone say, "who said anything about today"?)

>> Of course, if this list is radically incomplete, then it doesn't help
>> much, but does anyone think that's the case?
>
> We don't know -- Bruce's list may contain something, but since it's
> hidden we can't do anything.  Maybe it is all already-completed items,
> or redundant with the list on wiki, or maybe they're things that can be
> postponed for 8.5.  No way to tell.
>
> My guess is that Bruce's queue contains a reasonably small number of
> minor fixups that need to happen before release.

Well, I guess there's no point in speculating.  We'll just have to
wait and see.  Bruce seems to feel that what he's doing is something
that no one else has done or is willing to do, and I guess I'm
wondering whether that's really the case.  I think a lot of people
have worked hard to make sure that all of the patches that were
submitted got dealt with and the open items resulting from those
patches were closed.  There is always more to do, of course.

...Robert