Re: Keeping creation time of objects - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Robert Haas
Subject Re: Keeping creation time of objects
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> There isn't sufficient support for such a "feature".

It sounds like a useful feature to me.

> In any case, why
> would creation time (as opposed to any other time, eg last schema
> modification, last data modification, yadda yadda) be especially
> significant?

Those would be nice to have too, but last data modification is
doubtless too expensive to compute and keep up to date.

> Would you expect it to be preserved over dump/restore?

Definitely not.  Then it wouldn't really be the creation time, would it?

> How about every other object type in the system?

Good idea.  I wouldn't bother for things that are intended to be
ephemeral, but having this for, say, functions, would be nice.

...Robert