Re: Last minute mini-proposal (I know, I know) forPQexecf() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Last minute mini-proposal (I know, I know) forPQexecf()
Date
List pgsql-hackers
<korryd@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> 2) It's important to get the interface into a near-future release so
> that client applications can start using it soon.

It's important to get the *right* interface into the first release
that has it.  The day before feature freeze is way too late for
blue-sky design IMHO.

I note that the nominal schedule
http://www.postgresql.org/developer/roadmap
says that all major proposals should have been made and reviewed at
least a month ago.  While we're still busy resolving details for a
lot of things, I don't believe there is anything currently under
serious consideration that hadn't at least been talked about before
the beginning of March.