Re: PostgreSQL and AMD? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Chris Browne
Subject Re: PostgreSQL and AMD?
Date
List pgsql-general
john@debraneys.com ("John Tregea") writes:
> I have been asked to specify a pair of HP PC's to set up a
> PostGreSQL server (and backup) for a client. The HP model we are
> looking at has an AMD Phenomâ,,¢ Quad Core Processor (9600B). The
> machines would be running Windows XP Pro (our clients
> requirement). Can anyone tell me if PostgreSQL runs fine on the AMD
> platform and specifically does anyone have experience with the AMD
> Phenomâ,,¢ Quad Core Processors 9600B.

Get thee to the Build Farm.
http://pgbuildfarm.org/

In particular, PostgreSQL most certainly "runs fine on the AMD
platform;" the following nodes each ran full regression tests within
the last week.

http://pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_status.pl?member=beaver&member=beluga&member=boodie&member=bustard&member=caribou&member=chamois&member=chinchilla&member=clownfish&member=codlin_moth&member=dove&member=dugong&member=dungbeetle&member=eland&member=emperor_moth&member=ermine&member=fennec&member=finch&member=ghost_moth&member=heron&member=impala&member=kite&member=leveret&member=luna_moth&member=ostrich&member=panda&member=platypus&member=rhea&member=rosella&member=Shad&member=shark&member=tapir&member=viper&member=viscacha&member=wasp&member=wolf&member=zebra

Mind you, not one of them are running Windows XP Pro.
--
output = ("cbbrowne" "@" "cbbrowne.com")
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/finances.html