Re: recovering from "found xmin ... from before relfrozenxid ..." - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Banck
Subject Re: recovering from "found xmin ... from before relfrozenxid ..."
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jan 18, 2021 at 08:54:10AM -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 16, 2021 at 10:41 AM Andrey Borodin <x4mmm@yandex-team.ru> wrote:
> > Does anyone maintain opensource pg_surgery analogs for released
> > versions of PG?  It seems to me I'll have to use something like this
> > and I just though that I should consider pg_surgery in favour of our
> > pg_dirty_hands.
>
> I do not. I'm still of the opinion that we ought to back-patch
> pg_surgery. This didn't attract a consensus before, and it's hard to
> dispute that it's a new feature in what would be a back branch. But
> it's unclear to me how users are otherwise supposed to recover from
> some of the bugs that are or have been present in those back branches.

One other possiblity would be to push a version of pg_surgery that is
compatible with the back-branches somewhere external (e.g. either
git.postgresql.org and/or Github), so that it can be picked up by
distributions and/or individual users in need.

That is Assuming it does not need assorted server changes to go with; I
did not read the thread in detail but I was under the assumption it is a
client program?

Michael

--
Michael Banck
Projektleiter / Senior Berater

credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080
USt-ID-Nummer: DE204566209
Trompeterallee 108, 41189 Mönchengladbach

Unser Umgang mit personenbezogenen Daten unterliegt
folgenden Bestimmungen: https://www.credativ.de/datenschutz