Postgres in government - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mark Steckel
Subject Postgres in government
Date
Re: Postgres in government
Re: Postgres in government
Re: Postgres in government
List pgsql-general
Hello,

Sorry for the cross post.

I am working on a requirements and recommendation document for a division
of the State of Hawaii Attorney General's office. We are proposing that
Postgres be used for the application database. Not too surprisingly we are
being asked for additional information because Postgres is open source.

We all know that Postgres is good and given the requirements and scale of
this project (fairly small) it is a very good fit. I have looked at the
case studies listed on postgresql.org and searched the mailing list
archives. I have also scrounged the Internet looking for examples of
Postgres being used in government, preferably  in 24x7 capacities. Overall,
not a lot of examples out there, which seems strange because I know it is
being used by various government agencies.

Its the communities of users and developers that make open source software
so powerful, I decided that the best course of action was to leverage the
community.

So, if you have used Postgres (or know that it has been used) for a
government project, especially in a 24x7 environment, I would greatly
appreciate hearing about it. Ideally, I need more than just the project
name. Specifically, A brief description of the project, number of
users/transactions as day/week/month, etc, whatever details you have and
can share.

Please CC me as I'm not subscribed to the list. And since I'm leaving on
vacation in 3 days, please CC my coworkers at postgres-info@eworldes.com

Thanks in advance
Mark