Re: Release Notes Archive Patch - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Jonathan S. Katz
Subject Re: Release Notes Archive Patch
Date
List pgsql-www
On 2/13/19 2:10 PM, Andres Freund wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On February 13, 2019 8:03:03 PM GMT+01:00, "Jonathan S. Katz" <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:
>>> I'm quite pissed at how haphazardly this was done.
>>
>> We had discussion on this for months, and after some idling, we
>> proposed
>> a solution and worked through it quickly. Sometimes you just need to
>> rip
>> the band-aid off.
>
> But even leaving that aside, nothing, absolutely nothing, prevented putting the web piece into place before breaking
things.

I don't disagree with the above point. With that said, we are working to
get the web piece up prior to the majority of the links going 404.

I will go to work on a patch for current (which could be similar to
"devel") and see if I can have that ready. I will do it as a separate
patch from the one upthread.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Attachment