Re: Performance with 2 AMD/Opteron 2.6Ghz and 8gig - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Denis Lussier
Subject Re: Performance with 2 AMD/Opteron 2.6Ghz and 8gig
Date
List pgsql-performance

Not sure that EnterpriseDB's Dynatune is the general purpose answer that the PG community has been searching to find.   Actually, I think it could be, but...  the community process will decide.

We are presently planning to create a site that will be called http://gforge.enterprisedb.com that will be similar in spirit to BizGres.  By this I mean that we will be open sourcing many key small "improvements" (in the eye of the beholder) for PG that will potentially make it into PG (likely in some modified format) depending on the reactions and desires of the general Postgres community.

In case anyone is wondering...  NO, EnterpriseDB won't be open sourcing the legacy Horacle stuff we've added to our product (at least not yet).   This stuff is distributed under our Commercial Open Source license (similar to SugarCRM's).   Our Commercial Open Source license simply means that if you buy a Platinum Subscription to our product, then you can keep the source code under your pillow and use it internally at your company however you see fit.

--Denis Lussier
  CTO

On 7/29/06, Luke Lonergan <llonergan@greenplum.com> wrote:
Denis,

On 7/29/06 11:09 AM, "Denis Lussier" < denisl@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

> We do something we call "Dynatune" at db startup time.

Sounds great - where do we download it?

- Luke