Re: postgres benchmarks - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Denis Lussier
Subject Re: postgres benchmarks
Date
List pgsql-performance

At EnterpriseDB we make extensive use of the OSDB's OLTP Benchmark.   We also use the Java based benchamrk called BenchmarkSQL from SourceForge.  Both of these benchmarks are update intensive OLTP tests that closely mimic the Traqnsaction Processing COuncil's TPC-C benchmark.

Postgres also ships with pg_bench, which is a simpler OLTP benchmark that I believe is similar to a TPC-B.

--Denis Lussier
  CTO