Reuse an existing slot with a new initdb - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Support
Subject Reuse an existing slot with a new initdb
Date
List pgsql-general
I normalized my replislots with the name of my nodes.
I have 2 options in my recovery script that tries first pg_basebackup
to recover and sync the hot standby, but unfortunately big DB fails
sometimes due
to very slow or unstable network. So my second option is to completely
make a new inidb and import an sql file from pg_dumpall master as it
takes less bytes once compressed. But I'm facing an issue with the slot
complaining (obviously) about the ho standby node that does not match
the slot identifier. So my question is simple, is there a way to
reinitialize the slot to not renew the identifier with the new hot
standby initdb?

Thanks

David