Re: Streaming replication failover process - Pgsql 9.2 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: Streaming replication failover process - Pgsql 9.2
Date
List pgsql-general
On 07/10/2016 07:17 PM, Patrick B wrote:
> If the master server can't send the wal_files through the slaves,
> shouldn't the wal_files be in "background" waiting to be delivered?

Short version, yes, assuming you are talking about archiving the WAL
files somewhere  and assuming there is sufficient space for the quantity
of WAL files stored on what ever 'device' you are storing them on.

Long version and, I would say, required reading:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/high-availability.html

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com