Re: Error: server closed the connection unexpectedly - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Ron
Subject Re: Error: server closed the connection unexpectedly
Date
List pgsql-general
On 10/10/21 3:00 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Ron <ronljohnsonjr@gmail.com> writes:
>> This is AWS RDS Postgresql.  The db server log is accessed via a web
>> interface, and is /the/ postgresql log just like you see in vanilla Postgresql.
>> I've attached it.  My attempt to connect happened some time between between
>> 04:10:30 and 04:17:30.
> Hm.  Not much there.  You might try turning on log_connections to be
> sure,

I'll do that.

>   but what this looks like is that the connection request never
> got to the server.  Maybe you've got some middleware involved, like
> pgpool or some other connection pooler?

If so, it must be something hidden by AWS, because I never installed it.

The crazy thing is that coworkers with accounts on the same VM can connect
to the instance just fine.  (Yes, we use the exact same command to connect,
as a test.)