Re: PSU professor created coursework? - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Andrew Lardinois
Subject Re: PSU professor created coursework?
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
I wrote to Len late last week, and just received this reply:

"The instructional material to which you
refer depends on a patch to the EXPLAIN facility that is not yet
complete because, according to my student, Tom Raney, who developed
the patch "The PG developer community was still plugging away working
out a machine readable version of explain last time I checked:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2009-07/msg01944.php.".
When it is working, I will announce it to you and the appropriate
mailing lists."

So for the time being that about sums it up for the time being.

Happy 2010,
Andrew

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 11:50 PM, Andrew Lardinois <lardinois@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks.  I suppose that means nothing has changed in a month ether.  Was there ever a plan for using Leonard's material, or was it meant to be like take and bake pizza; get to your destination, and do your best with it?

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 11:39 AM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
Joshua D. Drake escribió:
> On Tue, 2009-12-22 at 02:10 -0800, Andrew Lardinois wrote:
> >
> > At West '08 there was talk of a professor at PSU who was, or did,
> > create course content for potential distribution to other schools,
> > NGOs or where ever.  What became of this material?  If it exists,
> > where does it live?  Has there been any success stories 'selling' it
> > to universities or elsewhere?
>
> My guess is that would have been Shapiro:

That's what Greg Smith said a month ago:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-advocacy/2009-12/msg00028.php

Are we going to get the same question again on Jan. 15th?

--
Alvaro Herrera                                http://www.CommandPrompt.com/