Re: productive usage of PostgreSQL with Windows Server - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Holger Jakobs
Subject Re: productive usage of PostgreSQL with Windows Server
Date
List pgsql-admin

PostgreSQL on Windows is a viable option, although some extensions aren't available.

If server and client are on Windows, authentication can be done via Active Directory. This has to be configured in pg_hba.conf and makes single sign-on possible.

AFAIK, this is the only real advantage of using Windows. But it shows that the PostgreSQL people offer this, although they had to program Windows-specific code to make it work.

I can tell that there is a company running a couple of thousand PostgreSQL installations on Windows for a couple of years and that there haven't been any problems.

Regards,

Holger