Re: mac install question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Douglas McNaught
Subject Re: mac install question
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 1:58 PM, epicwinter@hotmail.com
<epicwinter@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Please excuse my lack of mac knowledge.  I installed postgresql 8.3 using the mac os x 1 click installer onto my
brandnew powerbook.  The install appeared to go very smooth.  If I go to Postgresql under Applications it appears as if
Ican start and stop postgres and open pgadmin.  I even created a test database under pgadmin with no errors.   So
everythingappears cool but...

> I can't seem to run any of the postgresql commands from a shell.  If I open a terminal and try to run psql or
createdbor any of the commands I get this error:

> /Library/PostgreSQL/8.3/bin/createdb test
> dyld: Library not loaded: /Users/buildfarm/pginstaller/server/staging/osx/lib/libpq.5.dylib

That would seem to indicate that the installer doesn't set things up
properly for command-line access.  You should talk to whoever created
it, since it isn't (to my knowledge) part of the official Postgres
distribution.

-Doug