Re: pg_dump schema in pg11 without global permissions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adrian Klaver
Subject Re: pg_dump schema in pg11 without global permissions
Date
List pgsql-general
On 7/23/19 4:32 PM, Sergey Koposov wrote:
>> [ hey guys, please trim your replies ]
> sorry
>>
>> Experimenting, however, I see that that only works as intended if
>> I use v11 pg_restore.  I can replicate your result if I use v10
>> pg_restore.  So ... don't do that.
>
> Thanks very much!
>
> I've started the pg_dump|pg_restore using the v11 pg_restore.  I'll see  it works in a few hours.

For future use. To test this sort of thing use the -s switch to limit
the restore to objects only(no data). This will speed the process and
confirm the permissions on the objects.

Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com