What is pg_stat_user_tables Showing NULL for last_autoanalyze &last_autovacuum - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Fd Habash
Subject What is pg_stat_user_tables Showing NULL for last_autoanalyze &last_autovacuum
Date
Re: What is pg_stat_user_tables Showing NULL for last_autoanalyze &last_autovacuum
List pgsql-performance

I have been able to locate four google search results with the same inquiry. What’ve been able to understand is …

  1. If auto-vaccum is working as expected, stats collector does not nullify these values as part of a startup sequence or regular Maitenance. If a relation gets auto[vacuumed|analyzed], the timestamps should remain.
  2. A database engine crash or restart with ‘immediate’ option will cause the timestamps to nullify.
  3. Table never qualified for vacuuming based on auto-vacuum settings.

I can rule out all three scenarios above, but I still see null values. What else could be at play here?

Thank you