Re: Improve the concurency of vacuum full table and select statement on the same relation - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jinyu
Subject Re: Improve the concurency of vacuum full table and select statement on the same relation
Date
List pgsql-hackers

>>it's approach to this is to summarily kill anything that attempts DDL on a table being repacked.
Why? I am confused with it.  Could you please explain this?
Jinyu Zhang
thanks

At 2015-10-12 23:46:12, "Jim Nasby" <Jim.Nasby@BlueTreble.com> wrote: >On 10/11/15 6:55 AM, Jinyu wrote: >> Are there other solutions to improve the concurency of vacuum >> full/cluster and select statement on the same relation? > >ISTM that if we were going to put effort into this it makes more sense >to pull pg_repack into core. BTW, it's approach to this is to summarily >kill anything that attempts DDL on a table being repacked. >-- >Jim Nasby, Data Architect, Blue Treble Consulting, Austin TX >Experts in Analytics, Data Architecture and PostgreSQL >Data in Trouble? Get it in Treble! http://BlueTreble.com