Senior Linux System Administrator with PostgreSQL Experience - Mailing list pgsql-jobs

From Gavin M. Roy
Subject Senior Linux System Administrator with PostgreSQL Experience
Date
Re: Senior Linux System Administrator with PostgreSQL Experience  ("Gavin M. Roy" <gmr@myyearbook.com>)
List pgsql-jobs

myYearbook.com is a fast growing social networking community. We are looking for an experienced Linux Systems Administrator to manage our cluster of servers.

In joining our team, you'll enjoy a fantastic office location, a creative and fast-paced work environment, and the exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-growing venture-backed company. Our work environment is entrepreneurial and driven.

If you love what you do and have at least 3 years of systems administration experience in a high traffic Linux environment, please send us a resume. We currently have 20+ Linux servers are growing at an outstanding rate.

This job is on-site only, no telecommuting.  24x7 availability required with normal office hours.

Requirements

  • More than 3 years UNIX/Linux experience, and administration of systems for a high-traffic web environment.
  • Experience with administering and troubleshooting PostgreSQL including backups, access administration (pg_hba.conf tuning), and postgresql.conf tuning.

  • Apache, lighttpd installation, configuration and troubleshooting
  • Clustering experience, including using SANs with shared file-systems and dedicated hardware load balancing. Strong knowledge of Enterprise storage (including Netapp EMC Isilon or Xiotech) and backup methodologies, as well as enterprise-level System Management tools and services.
  • Experience in high-volume email sending a plus.

  • Working knowledge of Apache, Sendmail, MySQL, Perl, Bind, and PHP a MUST
  • Scripting skills in at least bash and Perl are highly desirable
  • Experience capacity planning and tuning, investigating network issues, and proposing and deploying new systems to remove bottlenecks.
  • Experience with monitoring software to set up an alerts system for outages. Experience in setting up backup plans through shell scripts.
  • MUST be able install Linux distributions and compile custom kernels.  Experience with Gentoo, RHEL, and CentOS a plus.

  • Experienced with TCP/IP network analysis and troubleshooting as it applies to Linux/ environments.
  • Familiarity with databases (mySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle), with DBA experience a major plus
  • In-depth understanding of security technology and policy is required. Technical problem solving with conformance to established or proposed policies and procedures
Please send your resume in PDF format.

Gavin M. Roy
CTO
Insider Guides, Inc dba myYearbook.com