Re: Mysterious DB reset - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Israel Brewster
Subject Re: Mysterious DB reset
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mar 5, 2014, at 10:01 AM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> Israel Brewster wrote:
>
>> So my question is, aside from someone going in and mucking about in the wee hours of the morning, what could
possiblycause this behavior? What sort of event could cause all data to be deleted from the table, and the sequence to
bereset? Especially while there is an active connection? Thanks for any ideas, however wild or off the wall :-)

> Is this running off a NFS mount or something?  I'm wondering about the
> filesystem getting unmounted and an empty copy of the database being in
> the mount point.

Good thought - I hadn't thought of a file system level reset. Unfortunately the data folder is on the root partition,
whichis a standard SATA hard drive, and the date on the data folder shows February 27th, so apparently the folder
itselfat least hasn't been re-created.