Re: FW: Setting up streaming replication problems - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martin Goodson
Subject Re: FW: Setting up streaming replication problems
Date
List pgsql-general
On 23/01/2018 18:08, Pavan Teja wrote:

On Jan 23, 2018 11:34 PM, "Martin Goodson" <kaemaril@googlemail.com> wrote:

On 23/01/2018 07:36, Thiemo Kellner, NHC Barhufpflege wrote:
1) I am not sure whether to put the md5 value of the repuser password
into primary conninfo or the plain one. I don't feel the documentation
or the book is clear on that.

Anyone two dimes on that?
Password, not an md5. Or, at least, that's what's been working for me :)

Even better, I guess, would be to not put a password in there at all and use a .pgpass.

--
Martin Goodson

"Have you thought up some clever plan, Doctor?"
"Yes, Jamie, I believe I have."
"What're you going to do?"
"Bung a rock at it."

Hello,
Instead you can keep trust connection for that user from only that ip instead specifying in  .Pgpass file.

Absolutely you can do that, yup. But I'm super paranoid, and don't trust anyone enough to use 'trust' :)

M.