Re: numeric regression test passes, but why? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Chapman Flack
Subject Re: numeric regression test passes, but why?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 01/11/18 11:30, Chapman Flack wrote:

> And indeed, my starting message in this thread was that, even in my
> recent (e35dba475a440f73dccf9ed1fd61e3abc6ee61db) build, make check
> *succeeds*, and for all I can tell, that test *is* executed (it shows
> up in the log, and if I re-run it with digits altered, it fails).
>
> And then I can connect interactively to the same server (started
> fresh, not the same instance 'make check' was running, haven't tried

As I began to suspect around that time, but couldn't check until now,
that's what was going wrong: my wrapper script for starting the server
was starting the wrong one, because it added a $PWD-relative entry to PATH,
and I had cd'd when looking for the test code last night, and then hadn't
noticed a different server version was being started.

(I feel a little better ... I'm not insane ... just inattentive at times.)
Sorry for the false alarm.

-Chap