Re: PostgreSQL with BDR - PANIC: could not create replication identifier checkpoint - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martín Marqués
Subject Re: PostgreSQL with BDR - PANIC: could not create replication identifier checkpoint
Date
List pgsql-general
El 19/05/16 a las 16:15, Cameron Smith escribió:
> I'd agree:  most likely a file system problem.  Is there any hope that this file could be re-built?
>
> My current plan is to use bdr_part_by_node_names to remove the failing node and then rebuild it from a fresh backup
(andprobably on a new server).

I think the most sensible plan is to remove the node from the bdr
cluster with bdr_part_by_node_name(), maybe clean up the bdr_nodes table
(some won't be happy with me suggesting this :)), remove the data
directory on the failed node and rejoin with bdr_init_copy

I'd suggest following the suggestions from Christoph and check that you
have a sane file-system configuration.

Also check if you didn't end up with a damaged disk (run some stress
test on the hardware).

If this is on production (not a toy installation) I would suggest
replacing the disks all together.

Regards,

--
Martín Marqués                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/