Re: unbale to use pg_ctl in Windows Cmd. - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Ron
Subject Re: unbale to use pg_ctl in Windows Cmd.
Date
List pgsql-admin
On 12/5/20 11:02 AM, mark armon wrote:
pg_ctl status
pg_ctl: no database directory specified and environment variable PGDATA unset
Try "pg_ctl --help" for more information.

C:\Users\Think>pg_ctl --help
pg_ctl is a utility to initialize, start, stop, or control a PostgreSQL server.

I don't know where the pg_data directory. So I set the C:\Users\Think\Desktop\postgres\data as user variable and system variable In windows setting. But still not working. In the bin directory, there is pg_ctl.exe file.

Randomly deciding on a directory because you don't know where the data actually is doesn't work.  You need to know where the data is.