Re: Impact of checkpoint_segments under continual load conditions - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Christopher Petrilli
Subject Re: Impact of checkpoint_segments under continual load conditions
Date
Re: Impact of checkpoint_segments under continual load conditions
List pgsql-performance
> Christopher Petrilli <petrilli@gmail.com> writes:
> >> Are you sure the backend is reading directly from the file, and not
> >> through psql?  (\copy, or COPY FROM STDIN, would go through psql.)
>
> > The exact command is:
> > COPY test (columnlist...) FROM '/tmp/loadfile';
>
> I tried to replicate this by putting a ton of COPY commands like that
> into a file and doing "psql -f file ...".  I don't see more than about
> 0.3% CPU going to psql.  So there's something funny about your test
> conditions.  How *exactly* are you invoking psql?

It is a subprocess of a Python process, driven using a pexpect
interchange. I send the COPY command, then wait for the '=#' to come
back.

Chris