Re: [HACKERS] Fwd: Weird issues when reading UDT from stored function - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Florian Pflug
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Fwd: Weird issues when reading UDT from stored function
Date
List pgsql-jdbc
On Feb17, 2011, at 10:30 , rsmogura wrote:
> When JDBC driver will detect if procedure call statement is created.
> 1. Determine procedure oid - how? procedures may have not qualified name. Is any function on backend that will deal
withschema search path? You may need to pass procedure parameters or at least types? or we need to mirror backend code
toJava?

That change of getting this correct without help from the backend is exactly zero. (Hint: You need to consider
overloadedfunctions and implicit casts of parameters...)

best regards,
Florian Pflug