Re: [PERFORM] Row level security policy policy versus SQLconstraints. Any performance difference? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Joe Carlson
Subject Re: [PERFORM] Row level security policy policy versus SQLconstraints. Any performance difference?
Date
List pgsql-performance
Thanks for your suggestions.

I had pretty much given up on this idea. At first, I had thought there
would only be 2 or 3 different constraint cases to consider. I had
thought of using distinct credentials for my connection and using RLS to
give different cuts on the same table. The different policies could be
established in advance and never touched.

But then it became clear that I actually would need a very large number
of different restrictions on the tables - too many to create in advance.
At this point it's easiest to apply constraints on each select rather
than apply a policy every time.

Thanks,

Joe