Re: migrate hashname function from 8.1.x to 8.4 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Nicolás Garfinkiel
Subject Re: migrate hashname function from 8.1.x to 8.4
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks a lot Greg!

On 11/01/2011, at 12:41, Greg Smith <greg@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

Nicolas Garfinkiel wrote:

I’m trying to upgrade our pgsql from 8.1 to 8.4, but our system’s login uses the hashname() function in order to get the proper password validation. Now pgsql’s 8.4 hashname function is not compatible with 8.1’s function. Do you have any ideas how I can reproduce 8.1 function in 8.4?

https://github.com/petere/pgvihash provides the function you're looking for.

I agree with Craig's concerns here, but this may let you convert toward a better long-term format more easily.