inet_client_addr() implementation - Mailing list pgsql-general

From J. ORIOL
Subject inet_client_addr() implementation
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,

I was in the archives, looking for some concrete info about inet_client_addr() use, but only a C function found.

I have some clients to my app. (PG 8.2 in XP LAN). I want to generate auto-logs with trigger function for every table and for every event, but I cannot include clint ip address yet.

When the triggers starts and execute  SELECT  inet_client_addr(), will retrieve client's ip ?? or just 127.0.0.1

Some tips are very useful to me.

Thanks in advance.

Oriol M.

J. Oriol Mujica F.