Re: Can we stop defaulting to 'ident'? - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-yum

From James Cassell
Subject Re: Can we stop defaulting to 'ident'?
Date
List pgsql-pkg-yum
On Tue, May 19, 2020, at 6:26 PM, Devrim Gündüz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 2020-05-19 at 17:27 -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
>
> > +1 to scram-sha-256 for the default for host-based/TCP connections.
> > For local, we should be using peer, just like Debian's default has
> > been for ages.
>
> YEah, this is what I committed just now. Still, would love to hear from
> others if there are any objections.
>
> I used --pwfile=/dev/zero during initdb.

I'm still using ident authentication quite successfully on Fedora and RHEL. (authd package)

Here's my trivial config, just tested on Fedora 32 (tested using the stock, not PGDG packages, but same concept
applies):https://github.com/jamescassell/ansible-role-postgresql/blob/master/tasks/main.yml

V/r,
James Cassell