Re: Best OS & Configuration for Dual Xeon w/4GB & Adaptec RAID 2200S - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Vivek Khera
Subject Re: Best OS & Configuration for Dual Xeon w/4GB & Adaptec RAID 2200S
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Mar 20, 2006, at 6:04 PM, Miguel wrote:

> Umm, in my box i see better seektimes but worst transfer rates,
> does it make sense?
> i think i have something wrong, the question i cant answer is what
> tunning  am i missing?

Well, I forgot to mention I have 15k RPM disks, so the transfers
should be faster.

I did no tuning to the disk configurations.  I think your controller
is either just not supported well in FreeBSD, or is bad in general...

I *really* wish LSI would make a low profile card that would fit in a
Sun X4100...  as it stands the only choice for dual channel cards is
the adaptec 2230SLP...