Re: spelling errors in query terms - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Joel Rodrigues
Subject Re: spelling errors in query terms
Date
List pgsql-general
Thanks Oleg, I'll take a look at it. Too bad there is no documentation.

Also, there's something wrong with 'trgm.tgz'. This is what happens if I
try to extract it's contents :

gzip: stdin is encrypted -- get newer version of gzip
tar: End of archive volume 1 reached
tar: Sorry, unable to determine archive format.

Cheers ! - Joel

On Monday, December 8, 2003, at 05:39 , Oleg Bartunov wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Dec 2003, Joel Rodrigues wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I seem to recall once coming across & using functionality in PostgreSQL
>> that allowed for some flexibility in the spelling of a query term. For
>> example, if one meant to look for 'Honda', but typed in 'Zonda'. There
>> was even a 'looseness' factor of sorts available. I've spent a lot of
>> time trying to find it in the docs and various articles & tutorials on
>> my hard drive, even an hour on Google in vain. It was not
>> contrib/fuzzystrmatch.
>
> You might try http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/postgres/gist/trgm/
> which uses trigram.

Envie de discuter en "live" avec vos amis ? T�l�charger MSN Messenger
http://www.ifrance.com/_reloc/m la 1�re messagerie instantan�e de France